Everyone looking for a job has a resume and a cover letter...What makes you different? You can stand out from the crowd by using Social Media
Top 6.5 ways to use social media to find your job:
1. Create a LinkedIn account.
* Fill all areas out fully
* Make contact with previous co-workers
* Ask for recommendation
* Join Groups
2. Create a Ping.fm account
* Create a Ping account.
* Create all the accounts in the social networks section.
* Send out Microblogs & blogs from this account.
3. Create a Facebook account
* This is not for your High School Friends be professional.
* Network with other professionals.
* Join Professional Groups.
4. Create a Twitter account
* Fill out profile completely.
* Create a background image.
* Send a Tweet through Ping.fm at least 3 times daily.
5.Create a Monster account
* Fill out your Monster profile completely
* Write a cover letter for each position
6. Start a blog (Blogger will work)
* Write a blog at least twice a week.
* Write about your perfect position.
* Write about your skills.
* Write about great successes you have had.
* Write about learning opportunities.
* Make sure to tag your blogs.
6.5 Get a Gmail account
* If you can get your email@example.com
* If you can't get your name keep the email address professional.
It is time to stand out from the rest in your job search. Let your new job find you through your social media venues.
MaryEllen Gibson is an Internet Marketing Director that has had a passion for social media before it had that fancy term. MaryEllen works with her clients to have a conversation with their future customers and current clients using social media venues. If you would like to ask her a question firstname.lastname@example.org